Sunday, August 25, 2013

Practice Blog Post

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What are my passions?

Hello,
My name is Raven Williams, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently a sophomore majoring in health and physical education. I was raised in a very small town called Ashville. I lived there my entire life and graduated from Ashville High School in 2011. My family is very close. Mostly because my entire family also lives in Ashville.
 photo 0f8b76a0-42f2-4dd5-bc34-7b84ea2ba615_zpsc4199b29.jpg photo b4f378a9-ae00-4473-beb0-db48e81c9506_zpsc1522c0e.jpg photo e48ab3b8-fa2c-4839-8511-7f4508fad84e_zps8d34210c.jpg photo cf8bd8a3-fcdf-4f1c-94eb-9958f67beba1_zps54545e70.jpg

After graduation, I attended the University of North Alabama for two years. I chose to transfer because South Alabama offers a much better program for my major. I decided to become a teacher during my senior year of high school. I joined "Future Teachers of Alabama" and got involved in after school tutoring for the elementary school. After I started tutoring, I realized that it was something that I really enjoyed doing. I've also always been interested in sports and exercise. Since fifth grade, I have been involved in sports including cheer leading, basketball, and volleyball. Being able to combine two things that I am passionate about allows me to have a dream job someday. Communicating with children is something I consider myself to be very good at. I am very patient and I really enjoy hearing what they have to say. I believe I can do this because I am also still a child at heart. I can relate to children on different levels because I still have some of the same interests they do. Something I would like to get better at would be procrastinating. I always tend to wait until the last minute to start or finish thing. This is especially true for homework. I never had much homework during high school or my first two years of college. Since I transferred to South Alabama, my classes require a lot more time to focus on studying and homework. I have to learn how to manage my time so that I can have everything done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment