Sunday, September 15, 2013

#C4T #1



C4T #1
The Creation Station: Changing the Climate of the Library
Author: William Chamberlain


Summary

Williams Chamberlain's blog began by describing how a librarian decided to make her library a place for more than just reading. She filled it with craft supplies so she can encourage students to more self expressive activities. Mrs. Owen, the librarian, wants to change students perception of the library. She wants it to feel like a gathering place for teachers and students. Williams Chamberlain also brings some of these ideas to his classroom. He tries to make his classroom as comfortable as possible by providing blankets to his students. He also created an area for a ukulele club.



My Comment
I really love these ideas! I definitely think students are more motivated to learn when they are comfortable. I especially love the art supplies in the library. I love anything that allows students to be more creative. As a future teacher, I would love to see these ideas in more schools!


Student Commenting: A Letter to Students
Author: William Chamberlain

Summary
I was assigned to read a blog post by William Chamberlain. The post was about commenting on students blog posts. It explained how important comments are and how they should coveted. he wrote "When a person cares enough to write a good comment, you have received a very special gift. A gift of that person's time, thinking, and attempt to communicate. Do not take this lightly". 




My comment


Hello, 
My name is Raven Williamsand I am a current student at the University of North Alabama. I found your post very interesting because we are learning about commenting in my EDM 310 class. As a new blogger I completely understand how important comments are. I am still learning how to better my commenting skills. I really enjoyed reading your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment