Sunday, August 24, 2014

What about EDM310?

I've heard a lot of different things about EDM310. Some people say that it is a great class and really helped them learn what teaching in a 21st century classroom will be like. Most people talk about how hard it is and how much work it is. I've also heard people say that it was a waste of time for them because they don't plan on using much technology in their classrooms. I've also had a few people ask for my opinion of the class. I always tell people not to take the class if they don't have time for it.
My biggest fear about this class is the group projects. When I took  this class last fall I had a lot of problems with my group assignments. Parts of blogs were always missing, no one ever showed up to group meetings, and I didn't even know that most of my group had dropped the class. I plan on communicating with my group a lot more this semester so it won't be so unorganized like the last group.
EDM310 is a lot different than any class that I have taken. Most of the classes I have taken have just been ordinary lectures classes. Teachers just teach the material and test you on it later. EDM310 is a lot more hands on than other classes. You have to learn how to use different tools to be able to complete assignments.
The most difficult thing for me will be making time for assignments and getting them done on time. I am really used to being able to wait until the last minute to do my homework because it's usually just a study guide or review sheet. I tried to wait until the last minute when I took this class the first time. I just ended up with a lot of late and incomplete assignments. I've already started planning to do things differently this semester. I can't do a lot of work at once because I get really distracted and end up putting it off until it's too late. Now i'm splitting the work up into smaller assignments and spreading them out during the week. It's a lot easier for me to do smaller amounts of work over a longer time period.

Source: http://4-designer.com/2013/12/Beautifully-computer-vector-material/#.U_pz1qJX-uY

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raven! I am worried about the group work as well. I don't like my grade depending on anyone but myself. Hopefully it will go well for both of us. I'm a procrastinator too, but I plan to do this work as early in the week as I can. It sounds like you have everything under control for this semester. Good luck, and I hope everything goes better this go round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't wait in EDM310.

    Some students still think they can teach not using technology. They are in for a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete