Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or her practice? What are my passions?

My name is Raven Williams. I am from Ashville, Alabama. If your not from there then I can almost guarantee that you won't know where it is. I have two brothers and I am expecting to have another one in October. I attended Ashville High School and graduated in 2011. While I was there I was involved in Future Teachers of Alabama, art club, and cheer leading. My hobbies are are anything that gets me outside and active.


Ashville was the only place that I lived until I moved away for college. The first college I attended was The University of North Alabama. I probably changed my major about 10 times my freshmen year, but I always came back to education. I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. I just didn't know what I wanted to teach. I decided to become a physical education teacher last year after I transferred to the University of South Alabama. I want to be a PE teacher because I want to help students learn what it really means to be healthy. My PE classes in elementary school were all about playing sports or some random game. Sometimes the teacher would just give us a ball and let us run free. That is not the way I want to teach. I want student to truly learn what it means to be healthy and how important staying active is.


Outline

  • About Me
    • Hometown
    • Family
    • Hobbies
    • School
  • Why I want to be a teacher
    • College
    • Wellness 


Source: Raven Williams
    


1 comment: