Monday, October 14, 2013

C4T #2

By: Jason Hahnstadt 


Flipping in Physical Education 2.0. It's all about the videos!
In this post, Jason Hahnstadt demonstrates his version of the flipped classroom with a lesson in pickleball. Instead of wasting valuable class time to lecture, students watch informational videos outside of classroom. These videos contain information about games, rules, and techniques. After watching the videos, students execute the skills in class.

My Comment
Hello, 
My name is Raven Williams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I was led to your blog from my EDM 310 class, I really love you flipped coach teaching method. I plan to be a physical education teacher and I would definately use this for my classes. I recently took a tennis class where I was able to learn how to play pickleball. A lot of our class tome was used learning the rules and techniques. I think everyone was sad that we didn't have more time to play!






What is Flipped Coaching?
Flipped Coaching is removing the lecture from the classroom. Students learn independently from simple informational videos. 

My Comment
Hello,
My name is Raven Williams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I really love this post and the idea of using technology in PE classes. I like that the students learn independently and there is more time in class for executing the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I have three criticisms for this post
    1.Be sure to give individual posts the teachers give as links, rather than the general site he uses, so that we don't have to scroll around to search for what you made comments on.
    2.It seems like you do not have much to say, try to be more involved while posting by choosing posts the teacher makes which interest you.
    3.Share what you learned, give summaries rather than verbatim. Giving summaries has you think about what was talked about.

    ReplyDelete