Sunday, September 7, 2014

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?

I always hated peer editing in high school. I always had trouble editing my own work so I never really wanted to edit anyone else's work. I didn't realize the importance of peer editing until I started college. I took an English course during the first semester of my freshmen year. To say that I was unprepared for this class would be an understatement. I was lucky that The University of North Alabama had a writing center. It had a staff of students that would help edit or review any writing assignment for any course. I practically lived in the student writing center during my first semester of college. I always recommended it to anyone that was having trouble with writing.

I feel a lot more comfortable about peer editing after watching the Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes and Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial. I've always been hesitant about correcting people on their mistakes because I thought they might get upset or offended. I've started to change my mind about since I started blogging in EDM 310. I don't get upset or offended at all when someone tries to offer me suggestions. They have all been really nice about and have shown me examples of how to give positive suggestions. I prefer to give my suggestions publicly. I've read a lot of blogs and never noticed any mistakes until I read someone else's review in the comment section.


What Is Peer Editing

2 comments:

  1. Very, very good blog post! I loved how you added in the video, as well as links and a picture. Remember to title your blog post "Blog Post #3" so that it is east to locate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven, I really enjoyed reading your post. We both did not really peer edit in high school but learned quickly how to do it effectively in college. Being able to take advice from others can help your writing go a long way, although sometimes we do not like to hear the advice. Your writing is easy to read and follow along, I liked this post.

    ReplyDelete