Sunday, September 21, 2014

What are Personal Learning Networks (PLN)? How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own PLN? Who will be the first additions to your PLN?

What are Personal Learning Networks?


Reasons for teachers to create a PLN - Catlin Tucker

Connect to other educators at any time
Teachers can stay in touch and share resources at any time regardless of their location.

Keep Learning
To continue growing, we must continue learning. Personal learning networks give teachers a way to continue learning.

Embrace the change; Don't fight it
Teaching methods are constantly changing with new technology. Being able to connect with teachers that use this technology successfully is a great way to expand ways to teach a classroom.



I chose to use symbaloo to start building my PLN. I included tiles like teachers tube to help expand my networks in education. I included twitter because I follow teachers who share valuable resources. I also added tiles that is linked to my blog, the EDM310 class blog, and other tools that I might need in EDM310. Some of the tiles I added are personal ones. They include music, social media, and some of the places that I shop. My goal for my PLN is to add a lot more tiles that will help me succeed as a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. "Reasons for teachers to create a PLN - Catlin Tucker
    ' Why this link which does not work?

    What did you read or watch?

    ReplyDelete